A special ministry of hospitality, the Usher guild welcomes worshipers to St. Stephen Episcopal Church by serving as hosts for both Sunday services, as well as special services. Currently more than 25 well-trained parishioners volunteer for these duties which include managing seating, distributing program booklets, receiving and presenting the gifts of the people, guiding the flow of traffic to and from the altar rail and tidying up the church after the service. Volunteers are sought who are willing to under go a training class and to usher at least once every two weeks.
The Usher Guild and the Strap Plan.
Goal 1: TO INCREASE ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP BY 20% ANNUALLY
Each member brings one-membership drive (E1B1).
Gospel tract distribution combined with St. Stephen Youth’s Shop Gallery
Goal 2: TO RECRUIT 200 NEW MEMBERS BY 2018
Goal 3: DOUBLE FINANCIAL INTAKE IN ONE YEAR AND SUBSEQUENTLY INCREASE AT LEAST BY 25% ANNUALLY
Encourage on due payment
Annual bake sales, October each year
Goal 4: TO EXPAND AND INCREASE THE SCOPE OF EVANGELISM
Produce statistics of number of lost souls won within a period, each month
Public evangelistic campaign, door to door, etc.
- To increase Active Membership annually
- Double financial intake
- To expand & increase scope of evangelism.
1. Each member brings one member drive
2. Gospel tract distribution by our department combined with St. Stephen Youth’s Shop Gallery
3. Encourage on due payment
4. Annual bake sales, October each year
5. Produce statistics of number of lost soul won within a period, each month
6. Public evangelistic campaign, door to door, etc.